Monday 25 June 2012

Small Update with Lots of Pictures...

Since my last post, the kittens have gotten cuter (as if you thought that was even possible!) and quite energetic.  Play, play, eat, litter box, sleep....ohh what a life!  I have to scoop out the box 2-3 times a day now, with the three of them.  A small price to pay, I suppose.

Yin is still doing amazingly well with her movements.  Most of the time she walks, runs, and jumps normally, with the very occasional faltering movement.  But it's rare.  She is becoming quite sweet and friendly, being the first to come up to me when I come into the room, and instant purring as soon as I start to pet her or pick her up:)

Little Miss Thumbs (or Miss T) is a bit shyer, but loves to play "on" me (my legs have climbing scratch marks) and tolerates my cuddles.  You can tell she'd rather be playing than cuddling, but I'll get her there.  She seems to have inherited a little more fear from Fluffy than Yin has.  I was just talking with a friend yesterday about genetic fear traits, and other genetic traits that have been bred in (or out) of domestic dogs and cats.  It's amazing to me that such instinctual emotions can pass through genes.  I'll look up some studies and post the links here.  I know there are a few I've read before and the results are not only fascinating, but they give incredible insight into domestic vs. wild behaviours and how to assess them.

In the meantime, here are some recent pictures and videos to keep you entertained:

Some typical play time fun...I LOVE how they will attack random spots on the blanket!  You can see that Yin can jump and run so well:)

More playtime:)  Also, so that you all know, I only let them play with that ribbon when I'm around.  I don't leave it out in case they get tangled up or decided it would be a good idea to eat it.  That would be bad!

And now enjoy the following pictures I've taken over the last week:)




The Family:)

I was going to take a little nap, and then she decided to look very cute so a picture had to happen...

This is what I walked in on the other morning:)  Some basking and lounging in the sun.  The cutest! 






So basically a lot of playing and cuteness is going on right now.  Today the kittens are 8 weeks old, so I'm organizing their first exam/vaccine appointments for later this week or next.  Also on the agenda is to get Fluffy in for her spay surgery soon, so that she can fully meet Stitches:)

Well that's my update for now, hope you all have a great week!







No comments:

Post a Comment