Monday 2 July 2012

Long Weekend Lounging with Cats:)


I thought I'd start with a picture of Fluffy this time, taken this afternoon whilst napping.  She is really doing well and feeling much more comfortable in my presence, though she still hides when anyone else comes in the room.   I think that she's learning from her kittens how to interact with people.  They like to play around my feet and climb up my legs...she'll hide behind my legs under the futon and play with the blanket between her and me.  Also, the other day as I was sitting in there and the kittens were in "crazy bounce play mode", Fluffy came up to my feet and gently whacked my foot with her paw (no claws), almost surprising herself with the action and then ran up to the window.  As if to say "I'm playing with you too!!".  So cute:)  I was playing the "hands under the blanket" game with the kittens the other day and she came up to join in as well.  
Earlier today, just after I took that picture, I had to leave the room and I managed to sneak past her without her moving from where she was.  Up until that happened today, her usual response as soon as I even stand up is to dart under the futon.  Unless she's sitting at the window.  That's always a safe spot:)  The babies have discovered the window too, as you can see below:



I'm still waiting to hear about when the vet appointments will be, and due to the long weekend, I'll probably hear back tomorrow.  Fluffy will definitely go right into the carrier for treats, so I'm hoping to be sneaky and trap her that way when it's time.  I'm sending "good trapping" vibes out into the universe...

And now for some EPIC cuteness:



I love how kittens will fall asleep practically anywhere...

Aren't L'il Yin's markings pretty?  She has a gray tabby undercoat!  

Who's the cutest kitten in a box?  

And finally, the award for the cutest sleeping positions goes to...



L'il Yin and L'il Miss Thumbs are 9 weeks old today:)  I'll update again once I have more info on their vet appointments, and the eventual meeting of Stitches!!

Hope everyone had a fabulous and safe long weekend:)

Ohh, and I've started a new photo-related blog, so check it out!!

http://johnstonephotography.blogspot.ca/ 



I selected this post to be featured on Cat Blogs. Please visit the site and vote for my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment