Wednesday 11 July 2012

The 2am Gallops

When you can't sleep, what better thing is there to do but watch kittens play!  For the last few days while I'm home, I've pretty much left the whole house open for kittens and Fluffy to explore.  It's taken a few days for Fluffy to come out of the room...at first she just looked out, wide-eyed.  I found that at night, she is more willing to venture out, and the last couple evenings she has felt comfortable making it out into the main living room area and exploring the bedroom. 

Today, as I type this, she's been running around the main floor playing with the kittens:)  Her and Stitches seem to have an "I'm going to ignore you" relationship at this point.  Every once and a while they will sniff noses, and if Stitches is moving quickly about (also chasing kittens) she'll get scared or a bit defensive and hiss.  But that's as far as it goes, so I'm glad there isn't any real aggression or animosity between them.  They're still figuring out each other's space and tolerance, which I can appreciate.  I do the same with people I meet.  Except I don't hiss at them...generally that's not an accepted mode of communication in our society:p  I've simply been giving them encouraging and happy words every time Fluffy and Stitches are near each other, and that seems to be helping their comfort levels.

Here's a few pictures of the exploring times:

This was last night, when Fluffy was feeling exceptionally brave:)

I believe this was Tuesday during the day.  She discovered the carpet, and all kitties love carpets!

Guess who's under the blanket??  Stitches!!!  Playing hide and seek with Miss T (danger paws)

I believe Fluffy will always be one of those cats who hides when company comes over, at least for the first year or so.  Certainly she is making a lot of progress, but she startles easily, even when I'm walking about she'll dart back into her "safe room".  Time will tell:)

She's definitely recovered from her surgery.  She was a bit sleepier the first couple days, but wasn't too painful (no visual signs of pain).  Now she's back to doing everything normally, which is great.  You never know how long the recovery will take with a mature spay, especially with a cat who's had kittens. 

I'll leave you all with the 2 am kitty crazies!  I took this video last night, showing Stitches being his cute lazy self watching the kittens gallop about.  Special appearance by Fluffy.  I had the flash on for a minute but it made them all look evil with glowing eyes, so the black kitties are a bit harder to see in a couple of spots.  Anyways, enjoy:)






No comments:

Post a Comment