Monday 30 July 2012

Fluffy, Mom and Playmate

Wow!  During the past week or so, Fluffy has become SO much more comfortable with moving around the house and playing around both myself and Dan.  He commented last Thursday or Friday evening that while he was downstairs working (programming/computer stuff), all of the kitties were there and Fluffy was playing with them, even jumping up onto the end of the couch while he was sitting there:)

With me, her usual pattern has been that she'll wander about, but as soon as I get close to where she is, she runs away or to the kitten room, which ever is closer.  Now she has almost completely stopped running away so quickly.  For instance, there's the times when she's at the bottom of the stairs, and I'm headed downstairs.  She used to panic and rush past me, up the stairs, and into the "safe room".  Now she kinda looks at me cautiously, but just backs up a bit or walks more into the room that she's in.  Plus she doesn't run away after sniffing my hand when I hold it out to her anymore.  In fact, the other day was hilarious...I held my hand out for her to approach.  She came up, sniffed my hand, sat down (my hand was still extended at this point) and brought a paw up to my hand as if to say "just checking".  No nails or anything, just a light tap with her foot.  I actually saw her do the same to Stitches earlier today, as an invite to play:)  Below are a couple of photos of her exploring upstairs.  She'll sometimes lie against the wall in the hallway (like in the second picture) and now I can actually walk past her with her running away!



I took this video about an hour ago, of them playing downstairs.  I tried to zoom in a bit but it's a little blurry, so sorry!  Also I was using my right hand to hold the camera phone to get a better angle, so it's shaky in parts (I'm a lefty:p)  Basically, I need more experience in videography.  But here it is:


We had a big bbq party here on Saturday, so all the kitties (Stitches included) were closed into the kitty room for most of the day.  I'm SO glad they are all getting along so well, so I was able to keep them all in the same room for hours.  As I mentioned in my previous post, during nap-time they all sleep in there together, so I knew it wouldn't be a big deal.  Of course my friends wanted to see the kittens, so I took a few trips in with 2-3 different people at a time to see them.  Fluffy did her usual "hid under the futon", which was unsurprising.  I think she'll always be that type of cat that is never seen by the guests.  I'm happy she's opening up more to us though, and I think she is starting to feel like she's a part of the family:)  Yin and Danger were a little shy, but they allow people to hold them, and once you start playing with them they forget to be shy at all.

Earlier today, Yin and I had a little cuddle fest, where she was purring super loud:)  They're both getting so big!

Yin looking beautiful.  I absolutely LOVE her colouring:) In certain lighting, she looks completely black...and then the light shines a different way and she has silver tabby markings!  She's truly special.  

Fluffy and Stitches hanging out:)  This was shortly after Fluffy had actually approached Stitches to play!

And now, for the cute kitten video you've all been craving...I bring you Yin: Tail Chaser!  Special appearance by Miss T Danger Paws:)


 Now it's time to eat MORE leftovers from the bbq this past weekend...

Remember, please share my blog with people!!!
I appreciate all of you taking the time to follow my stories:)


No comments:

Post a Comment