Wednesday 9 May 2012

9 Days of Cuteness and counting!

It's been a few days since I've posted anything, I know.  Everything is going very well, I've simply been busy with "life" and "work"...those things that take me away from the room with adorable kittens.

The babies turned one week old on Monday:)  You can see that their ears are starting to unfold, and they are able to move around a bit more.  As far as the stages of kitten development, they are fairly advanced for their age, especially as far as their movement and awareness.  They purr a little bit, and Fluffy is starting to call out to them as their hearing develops further.  She will sit a foot or so away from them and chirp to them...it's very cute.

She is still quite protective!  Sometimes she will let me pet them and occasionally pick them up, one at a time.  I can't wait until they are walking and I can do the ole' "scoop up n' cuddle".  She won't let anyone else see her babies, preferring to hide them by literally sitting on top of them, as if to say "what kittens?  You were mislead..."

Here's a cute picture I took on Sunday of them sleeping and cuddling each other:


Monday was when they officially turned one week old:)  It's hard to believe they've only been alive for 9 days now.  Such little miracles!

More pictures!!!  This one is from Monday afternoon, after coming home from working at the doggy daycare and feeling super tired.  Waking up at 5am when you've been used to 8:30-9am kinda sucks.  But even though I was sleepy, I couldn't help but watch Yin and Yang and marvel at their cuteness:)  Then I had a nap on the futon:p  I love naps...further proof of having been a cat in a past life.


This is a slightly blurry but cute picture of them nursing that I took yesterday:


As the adventure continues, my main goal is to earn the trust of Fluffy, who is slowly becoming comfortable in the environment and my presence.  Before she had the kittens she would emerge out from under the futon to hang out with me, and she is starting to do that again when babies are sleeping.  She shies away from approach, though if I slowly put my hand out she will sniff, and she responds when I talk to her:)  I want her to get accustomed to people and voices over the next few weeks, as eventually she will go in to get spayed and then find a new home.  She will definitely be staying with me until that happens.  I'm committed to making sure she is safe, secure and healthy:)

On another note, I keeping receiving reports through TCR about abandoned kittens who need bottle-feeding and older kittens/cats who need foster homes.  If I had the space...

If anyone reading this has room in their hearts and homes for kitties in need, let me know:)  Or if you're able to donate towards their health and happiness, I'm also part of a team fundraising with others for TCR's annual Bowl-a-thon, which is on May 26th.  We're collecting donations that will directly help any stray or feral cats/kittens in the GTA:)

http://savecatsfromthegutter.com/

Well I'm going to take my laptop back into kitten heaven room, watch a show or edit some photos...any excuse will do, really...





No comments:

Post a Comment