Saturday 19 May 2012

Absence makes the heart grow...

I feel like a new mom leaving her baby with someone else for the first time.  We've gone away for the long weekend...3 whole days without Fluffy and kittens!  Of course I'll miss Spice and Stitches as well, but I've been away from them before while on vacations and I know that they adjust well to our absence. 

Friday evening before we left I made the rounds and said bye to all the animals.  Stitches was talkative, as usual, and simply wanted more love.  Spice was needy, as usual, and wanted to go for a car ride.  Fluffy was...well, a little indifferent but I could see that she knew what was going on.  Yin and Yang were impossibly adorable and I ended up staying in there watching them for almost 20 mins!

During the last few days, their sight has improved, and I can see their ears starting to move around as they focus on various sounds.   They are much more mobile, though still staying in the corner "nest".  Ultimate cuteness phase is soon to begin...I tried to take a video on my phone of Yang.  It's a bit dark but showcases their latest ability which is to look very cute rolling around on their backs, belly and feet in the air, looking around and "grooming" themselves.



They can lift themselves up from their front feet, raise their heads and look around.  They're also starting to play and wrestle with each other.  Here's another sleepy kitty pic:



You can see that Yin's colours are starting to become defined, showing a grey belly and some tabby stripes.  They are definitely outgoing, exploring more and responding to sounds, and looking up at me when I talk to them:)  Starting next week I'm hoping to take some better pictures, as they explore and emerge out from the corner.  It's hard to capture ideal pictures from above all the time, and there aren't any other angles from where they are currently situated.  Plus when they start walking around, I can get some action shots!  Below is another one where you can see Yin's markings developing on her face and body.


Anyways, well I've been away from them for a whole day so far, and miss all my creatures!  I'll have to rely on my photos to get me through the next two days without so much cuteness in my life...but I'll be back in time for their 3 week anniversary of being alive:)


No comments:

Post a Comment