Monday 13 August 2012

All clear:)

Yin and Miss T Danger Paws were super awesome and very good patients for their vet appointment last Friday, I'm happy to report!  It was their first subway ride, and though a bit wide-eyed, they weren't freaked out at all. 

They did very well for their exams and were deemed purrrfectly healthy by their new vet at my trusted clinic.  I brought in a stool sample (which Danger thoughtfully provided for me a couple hours before the appointment) to test for parasites, since I didn't do the "blanket deworming" that was recommended before.  They received their 2nd FVRCP vaccine, and didn't even flinch!  I was holding them and trying to distract them...seemed to work:)

The clinic called the next day to say that the sample came back negative (meaning no parasites) so YAY!  I'll probably get another one tested from Yin at their next visit, which is in a month, just to make sure.  Parasites have different life cycles and don't always shed eggs with each stool, so it's good to do a couple checks.  Next vet visit is their last FVRCP booster and their Rabies vaccine.  Then they are good for a year, where they will get their vaccine boosters...then every 3 years:)

Fluffy is doing very well, and last night while I was playing with the kittens and their tent, she came right up to play too!  Still won't let me pet her, but every step closer to me is progress:)

Danger has started copying Stitches more and more.  Stitches always greets us at the door when we come home, and now Danger is too!  Also, she and Stitches are my "wake up committee"...jumping on the bed and purring madly:)

Here's a few recent pictures:

Stitches is contemplating how to get up into the window without disturbing the family...

Danger cuddling a spider toy:)  She likes to sleep there sometimes...I think it's pretty awesome that they can still sleep where they have been since they were born.  Must be very comforting for them:)

This is how I found them JUST before I had to put them in the carrier to go to the vet.  It was very hard to disturb the cuteness!

Why yes, this toy owl makes an awesome pillow!

Danger loves to sleep belly up!

My Wake-Up Committee, hard at work purring and kneading my housecoat.

Afternoon naps:)

No comments:

Post a Comment