Tuesday 24 April 2012

Meow!

She is definitely getting brave, and much more vocal...which is a good thing (though not when trying to sleep!).  I'm really glad she is feeling more comfortable around me, and I'm finding out she is quite the talker.  I think part of it is that she wants outside, and I keep telling her that's simply not going to happen!

Last night she was being a bit more vocal, so I came in to spend some time with her and make sure she was just talking, not stressed out or in labour.  I don't know her specific sounds well enough yet.  With Stitches, I know all of his meows (and he has plenty!)....annoyed, hungry, love me, how's it going...he can definitely carry on a conversation.  Well, last night she was just exploring, and as I was sitting somewhat still, she actually emerged out from under the futon twice!  Once to check me out, and the next time she even used the litter box with me in the room...which is a big deal for most cats.  Plus she ate some food while I was there, which she hadn't done before.  I was proud of her for being so brave, and soon after that went off to bed.  It was close to 1:00am and I was super tired, especially since I've been fighting off this cold the last few days. 

On that note, if you haven't ever tried it, get Allimax, it's a miracle pill.  Garlic extract, but it's better than regular garlic pills, as it's a specific compound in garlic that's been stabilized in this pill form.  If you're starting to feel sick, you can take a bunch (I usually take 3-4) at once and within hours you'll start to feel better.  A couple months ago I woke up with "razorblade" throat, took 5 pills and went back to sleep.  3 hours later I woke up and I was fine.  This time around it's taking a few days for my body to fight off the infection, but I'm sure it's just that there's a lot going on in life right now.  Yes, apparently I'm now a spokeswoman for Allimax.  But it works!! 

Okay, back to Fluffy.  Today, I spent some time in the afternoon with her.  She was a bit vocal but mostly calm, ate some food, and stayed in her safe spots.  Tonight, Dan had a friend over to talk "programmy" stuff, as I call it (computer things) so after dinner I hung out in here for a couple hours.  She started talking and eventually she came up on the table beside the window:)  Sitting on the table for a bit, she then climbed onto the window ledge and sat up there for a while.  Every now and then she would paw at the window...she really does want outside.  But I told her she's safer here with me!  Plus it's rain/snowing out...icky.  Anyways, while she was up there, I could see her kitten belly moving about.  That made me feel super happy:)  For a while I've wanted to see her and make sure her pregnancy is coming along normally, so seeing that eased my mind a lot.  Having worked for years in the veterinary field, I tend to err on the side of caution about these things, and often find both good and bad scenarios playing through in my head.  I did the same when my dog was sick a month ago.  I get "clinical brain", as I call it.  Also, she's not limping so I'm glad that the nail on her paw is healing nicely:) 

I took a few pictures!  Again, with my cellphone, so not the best quality, but they are clear and you can tell she's looking a lot more relaxed:)  You can really see her furry lion's mane in the first photo, and her big belly in the second one!




Well that's all for tonight...going to make sure her food is all topped up and then it's off to bed for me.  She's really pawing at the window now that I type this.  I hope she realizes soon that it really is much better inside.  I know that cats who have spent a long time outdoors often REALLY want to go back outside.  I'll do my best to make sure she's as comfortable indoors as a kitty can be:)

2 comments:

  1. When is she due? And what are you going to do with all those beautiful kittens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the vet said a week to 10 days, and tomorrow will be a week that I've had her....so any day now! Kitten watch is on full force:)

    The family that was feeding her have been asking around to find them homes. Plus with the blog exposure, I'm sure we won't have a hard time finding awesome homes for them! Also, maybe we'll keep one, if Stitches lets us...*fingers crossed*

    First though, what I'm going to do with all the kittens is LOVE them and cuddle them!!!

    ReplyDelete