Thursday 26 April 2012

Out of the futon and into the...

Open! 

The last day or so have been pretty good, a little progress, still no kittens yet...

Based on her recent behaviour and movement, I've revisited the bed placement design.  I took the one that was beside the chair, folded down a couple of the sides, and placed it under the futon.  I left the high cardboard sides out where they were, and put a pee pad and towel there just in case.  I also put a pee pad (thanks to my friend Sarah for giving me her old supply from puppy training!!) and blanket under the chair, where I saw her spend a bit of time recently.  The chair has material down all the sides, so it's a good hiding spot...possibly an ideal location for "The Kittening" as I've been calling it.  I'm still leaving treats out on all the beds so that she gets used to where they are, and she always eats them all!

She is coming out to see me a lot more now:)  She still won't let me pet her, but I can get really close without her running away.  Right now she's not even under the futon!  She's resting in the corner by the bookcase.  I was in here last night for a little while, and today I was here this afternoon (had lunch and then a nap:p) and tonight I've spent a couple of hours watching shows on the laptop.  During the time I've been here tonight, she's spent most of it hanging out, either up in the window or stretched out on the floor in different locations.  I'm so glad she's getting more comfortable in this space:)  I know she still really wants to go outside, which is evident when she is at the window, but I'm crossing my fingers that she settles down soon. 

I bought some more food for her today.  Slowly switching her to a kitten/cat dry food that's grain-free.  I've been wanting to switch Stitches to a different dry food for a while, so bought a small bag of the new one to try with both of them:)  Yay for a money-back guarantee if they don't like it!  It's Evo brand.  Fluffy is already eating Evo wet food, and various treats.  I don't think she's as fussy as our spoiled Stitches.  He's on a grain-free brand now, but it's not as good as Evo so I hope he likes it:)  Plus Global pet foods has a "frequent buyer" card for that brand, lol

I took a couple more cellphone pics to share:)  Eventually I'll get my real camera in here, though probably not until after the kittens are born and Fluffy settles down a bit more.


You can see the high cardboard pieces I've left in this corner, with a towel (pee pad underneath).  She had just finished eating a few treats I'd left there, and decided to hang out for a bit.  



 This is near the door, as you can see a bit of the gate.  Which she can open by the way.  We have a new plan in place for when the kittens are up and moving around.  She's actually sleeping in this spot right now as I type this.  I'm going to hate to disturb her, but it's getting late and I DO need to get to sleep soon.  Tomorrow I actually have to be up at a decent hour!

G'night world:)



4 comments:

  1. Jeanette, are you going to try to photograph the birth??

    ReplyDelete
  2. If she lets me, that would be pretty awesome:) Depends on how things go and how she is doing, of course. Today I'll bring the real camera in and see that she's okay with it being around...

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks relaxed, she must have gotten over the stress now. Good for you Jeanette, all that patience worked! It's great you have had some time for getting used to each other before kittens arrive...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely! Thanks Larisa:)

    ReplyDelete