Friday 20 April 2012

Slowly...

Well I'm happy to report that she's eating better:)  Overnight she had eaten a bit of wet and dry food, and used the litter again.  Did I mention how awesome it is that she's using the litter box?  Always a concern with a stray, though kitty instincts are amazing.  I think that's the best thing in the difference between "house training" kittens vs. puppies.  Cats just "know", after you show them where to go once or twice...they get it.

This morning I fed her some warmed up canned Evo (kitten & cat formula) and some A/D I had left over from when my dog was sick.  A/D, for those who don't know, is a veterinary brand of wet food, high in fats and proteins, which is generally used for sick animals or malnutrition.  Basically, it's used for dogs or cats to help them through tough times.  Anyways, she ate all the A/D and most of the Evo, so I warmed up some more and just gave it to her.  I also removed the big mirror from the room, as I noticed she was pawing at it, and I don't want it to fall over.  It's pretty stable, but I'm slightly paranoid.  I want her to be as safe as possible:)

It's progress for sure that now she's willing to eat during the day when I'm up and about, instead of waiting for the quiet of night.  I'm sitting with her now:)  Well, she's under the futon, but we're hangin' out.

I'm going to spend as much time as I can with her over the next few days, not only because of being on kitten watch, but I want her to know and trust me.  She's starting to do that cute blinking thing that cats do, when I look at her:)  I really want to look at her front paw to make sure her nail is okay, but that will have to wait.  I'm comfortable with the fact that she's eating, as cats in pain or distress will not eat. 

I promise I'll post some pictures soon!  Scared kitty pics are just not acceptable, though, as I'm sure you all understand.  She's very adorable:)

2 comments: