Saturday 21 April 2012

Small Update for Today

I'm pleased to update that she's getting a lot more comfortable with me in the room, though she still won't come out from under the futon while I'm there.  She relaxes within minutes of me hanging out with her now, which is a good sign:)

She's also got quite the set of lungs!  At night now she's more vocal, wandering about the room, exploring, finding all the treats I've put out for her.  She doesn't meow all night, or I'd be worried...just now and then.  Maybe she's talking to Stitches....he sometimes meows at night too.  I've been leaving a few treats near the two beds, and also in the bed I hope she'll use for giving birth, so that she gets used to them.  In the morning all the treats are gone so I know she is out and moving about. 

She's eating more regularly now, and I've started offering her KMR (I think I accidentally called it KBR before) kitten milk replacement.  You can give it to pregnant and lactating queens, to boost their nutrition.  She finished what I'd given her yesterday, so I gave her more this morning:)  I'm really glad she's eating better!  I know what happens to cats who won't eat, and being pregnant just makes it riskier for them.  So YAY!

Off now to meet with another TCR volunteer who is awesomely donating some blankets and some money towards food for Fluffy:) 

I'm hoping by the end of the weekend, she'll come out and see me.  I still kinda have a cold so it's a good excuse to stay in and spend lots of time with her:)  I really want her to trust me before she has the kittens...that's my goal.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment